Sunday, April 6, 2014

52 Ancestors - Nancy Crisp

I found a wealth of information for my 4x great grandparents Nancy Crisp and James Monroe Bailey, but I'm having a hard time going back further.

Nancy Elizabeth Crisp was born November of 1830 in Kentucky. She married James Bailey in 1846 in Texas and had 9 children together.  Since she was only 16 at the time, I'm unsure as to how or why she moved from Kentucky to Texas, as I'm unsure of any brothers or sisters.  The earliest census I can find is from 1850 and she is already married at that time.

Her parents might be William Walter Crisp and Elizabeth Matthews and I also believe that she had a brother, John Crisp who was hanged, in Gainesville, Texas after being accused of being a Union sympathizer during the Civil War.  Just reading some of the names of his relatives leads me to believe I am on the correct family line.  Some of the names were carried down throughout my family and they are not common names.

I know what my next genealogical project will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment