Monday, March 3, 2014

52 Ancestors - Matthew Thornton

Let me first say that what I found this morning makes genealogy so much fun!  You never know where it's going to bring you.  I discovered, this morning, that my 8th great grand uncle was a signer of the Declaration of Independence for the state of New Hampshire!  This is the second relative I have found that has shaped New Hampshire in a significant way, which is funny since this is where I have been living for the past 10 years. It's amazing to be able to take a short drive to see these landmarks dedicated to them and know that I come from their blood.

I discovered this connection when trying to find out more about my 8th grandmother, Matthew's sister Elizabeth.  Interestingly enough, she married into a family line that the next generation that would also make an impact in history.  That I will write more about in another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment