Saturday, January 18, 2014

52 Ancestors - Bigger Head

For my next installment of profiling an ancestor I chose the one with the funniest name.  Bigger Head.  That was  his name on every deed or census I have found.  I'm not quite sure who the prankster was in the family and decided on that name, but for the chuckle it has brought me everytime I see it, I am grateful!

Bigger Head is my 6x great grandfather and was born in Prince George's, Maryland in 1754 to William Head and Lucy Beckwith. Unfortunately I do not have much information about him.  I do know that he appears in deed documents in 1800 in Washington, Kentucky. He did in 1823 in Owensboro, Kentucky.  His wife, Lucy Sarah Livers preceded his death by 23 years, which is the time he moved to Kentucky.  That could have been the reason he left Maryland in the first place since Lucy died in Maryland.  I have a hard time deciphering the censuses from that far back and do not like that there are no names listed.  I know Bigger and Lucy had at least 1 son, my 5th great grandfather Richard G. Head, who was only 2 years old when his mother died. In the Maryland 1790 census there are 3 males under 16 and 3 females listed which means there are 2 more brothers and 2 sisters that I have yet to find, but perhaps someone out there has that missing piece of information?

No comments:

Post a Comment